Skrill Moneybookers Prepaid MasterCard Review
- Monthly Fee €0.00
- UK POS €0.00
- UK ATM €1.80
- FX FEE 2.49%
- INTL POS €0.00
- INTL ATM €1.80
- LOAD Free via Bank Transfer, 1.90% by Credit Cards
Find out moreThe multi award winning Skrill Prepaid MasterCard is available in 4 currencies - GBP, USD, EUR, PLN - with high spending limits and some excellent features and rewards.
- Simple sign up process: no credit check /no minimum commitment / no minimum top-up
- Spend only the amount loaded
- Usable around the world as a MasterCard card: pay online /offline and get cash when you need it
- Top-up any time online and instantly using over 100 payment options
Reviewed by Prepaid365 on .
The simple and secure way to send and receive money
Fantastic card in 4 currencies with high spending limits, cashback, rewards & a free Skrill account.
You can apply for the Skrill Prepaid MasterCard using a simple application process on the Skrill Website. There are no credit checks, no commitments or monthly fees.
- Simply sign up for a Free Skrill Account
- Load your Skrill account with €10 and click the Apply Now button to apply for your Skrill Prepaid MasterCard. All you need is a photocopy of ID and proof of address.
Upon completing your application, your card should be with you in less than 2 weeks and all you need to do is activate it and start using it straightaway.
- Available in 4 currencies- GBP, USD, EUR, PLN.
- Cost effective with high spending limits.
- Comes with fantastic benefits & rewards – Up to 30% cashback and immediate discounts at the biggest brands.
The new Skrill Prepaid MasterCard adds some serious platinum appeal to the mix! Simple, elegant and aspirational!
- Card Issue Fee: €10.00
- Monthly Fee: Free
- Transaction Fee UK: Free
- ATM Withdrawal Fee UK: €1.80**
- Reload Fee: Free via bank transfer and Maestro cards and 1.90% via major credit cards.
**Local ATM Surcharges may apply.
The Skrill Prepaid MasterCard is linked to the Skrill digital wallet and cardholders can log into their Skrill account and:
- Check their card balance.
- Reload their card using various loading methods.
- Track transactions and purchase history.
The Skrill Prepaid MasterCard is a prepaid MasterCard and can be used at over 32 million retailers worldwide that accept MasterCard as well as 2 million ATM's to make withdrawals wherever you see the MasterCard Acceptance Mark. A foreign exchange fee of 2.49% is applied to transactions made in a currency other than the card currency.
The Skrill Prepaid MasterCard can be loaded in a number of ways which include the following.:
- Bank Transfer/Local Bank Deposit – Free
- Maestro Cards – Free
- Major Credit Cards – 1.90%
You can get in touch with the Skrill Prepaid Card Customer Services team in a few different ways.
- By Email: Send an Email from within your Skrill Prepaid Card Account.
- By Telephone: +44 (0) 203 514 5562 (Local rates)
- Lost and Stolen Cards: +44 (0) 207 117 6017 (Local rates)
- Post: Welken House 10-11 Charterhouse Square, London EC1M 6EH, United Kingdom
The Skrill team will endeavour to acknowledge your complaint by post and email within 48 hours of your registering a complaint. Following this acknowledgement, they will then aim to provide you with an answer or resolution to your complaint within the timeframes as outlined by the Financial Ombudsman Service. Should this not be possible due to unforeseen circumstances or lack of information, we will contact you.
If your complaint is not resolved to your satisfaction, you may contact the Financial Ombudsman Service at South Quay Plaza, 183 Marsh Wall, London E14 9SR, United Kingdom. For additional contact details you may visit the website at www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk.
The Skrill Prepaid Card is a multi award winning prepaid card and has received numerous accolades in the past for the Moneybookers brand.
- Best European Prepaid Card – Publi-news Prepaid Card Awards 2010 – Winner
- Best Prepaid Marketing Campaign – The Cards & Payments Awards 2012 – Finalist
- Best New Prepaid Card Product of the Year – The Cards & Payments Awards 2012 – Finalist
- Best Moneyshare Prepaid Card – Prepaid365 Awards 2010 – Runner Up
Overall Card Rating
Skrill. The simple and secure way to send and receive money.Pay and Play with Skrill
Pockit PrepaidFind out more
NET+ PrepaidFind out more
Virgin PrepaidFind out more
What Skrill Cardholders say...
Been using them for some time now and I've been pretty happy with the transaction process thus far. Some ecommerce store only accept them instead of Paypal especially stores from the Asia region. Verification can take some time but since it's for our own protection, I guess it's acceptable.
Have been using for a month to pay online stores that do not accept paypal. Fairly good security/verification processes leave me feeling confident my finances are secure.
So far it was the best and easiest way for me to make online transactions and payments. I ditched paypal and alertpay, cause there were too much hustle and online policies, which ruined online shopping, at least for me.