Wins Runner Up Gong in Best Youth Prepaid Card Category
The Camden COO-L Prepaid Card, a unique product launched by Camden Council to promote young people’s activities, was celebrating recognition at the 2011 Prepaid365 Prepaid Card Awards by scooping the Runners Up award in the Best Youth Prepaid Card category.
The Camden COO-L Prepaid card offers young people an opportunity to spend their money on positive activities in and around Camden. Aimed at young people who are eligible for free school meals in school years 9-11, young people looked after and who have learning disabilities and difficulties.
The card is loaded with 25 pounds Sterling per month which can then be used by the cardholders to participate in fun and positive activities in their local area. Cardholders do not have access to withdraw these funds at ATMs. Instead they are restricted for use at specific merchants and service providers in the Camden area, including music lessons, theatre productions, museums and cinemas.
David Ingham, Camden COO-L Project Manager, said: “It’s great news to be recognised in the best youth based card category. Thanks to the Prepaid365 Prepaid Card Awards for this nomination. The card gives young people independence to choose what they would like to do.”
The card has received an overwhelmingly positive response from the young people involved with the project. Feedback included:
- “I find the card very easy to use as it’s just like a Mastercard. My Mum told me how to use it at first and then I got the hang of it.”
- “It makes me feel sort of grown up, having a card.”
- “I hope to participate in new activities to learn new things and make new friends.”
- “Because you only have to type in a PIN number to buy things – the only thing you have to remember is your PIN number!”
- “It’s easier than using money because you won’t lose it easily.”
- “When you get too much money, you wanna go to cinema or want to go out too much, you wouldn’t like to stay at home….but I can improve that by managing the money I have got and decide where and when to go out.”
Noel Moran, CEO of Prepaid Financial Services Ltd, programme manager of the Camden COO-L Prepaid Card, said: “We are delighted that the Camden COO-L project has been recognised in the Prepaid365 Consumer Awards. PFS have worked closely with the COO-L team to deliver a card programme which is tailored to meet very specific requirements. The success of the programme is a testimony to the commitment and dedication of the COO-L team and also to the flexibility and scalability of the PFS prepaid platform. That the project empowers young people and affords them opportunities to engage in healthy and positive activities is something we are very happy to facilitate.”
Amit Sharma, CEO of Prepaid Marketing Consultancy Emotion Associates and founder of Prepaid365, stated that “Prepaid cards play an important role in providing youth a safe and controlled spending option and this is one of the key pillars of the prepaid value proposition. The Camden COO-L prepaid youth card is an excellent vehicle for teaching children the disciplines of budgeting and providing them with enhanced accessibility and financial independence in a controlled environment – this recognition is well deserved.”
All Press Enquires should be directed to Prepaid Financial Services at
- Tel: +44 (0)207-125-0321
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: https://www.prepaidfinancialservices.com
Visit Prepaid365 to find out more prepaid credit cards, prepaid Mastercard and visa prepaid cards as well as the Prepaid365 Awards and the winners.