Orange Cash Prepaid Card Review
- Monthly Fee £0.00
- UK POS £0.00
- UK ATM 2.95%
- FX FEE 2.75%
- INTL POS £0.00*
- INTL ATM 2.95%*
- LOAD Debit card loads are FREE, £1.50 via Post Office.
Spend and get RewardedOrange Cash comes with a couple of amazing extras
- Get rewards as you spend: spending with Orange Cash earns you points to redeem against free minutes, texts or credit for any Orange PAYG phone you choose.
- Manage your account via text on your Orange phone or through your online account.
- Manage your account via the Orange Cash App on your Android smart phone.
- Load money instantly, even on the go or while queuing to pay
- Check your balance and your transactions and set personal balance alerts
- Check and redeem your rewards balance
- New, easy-to-use contactless Orange Cash prepaid MasterCard® allows customers to make faster payments on the high street
- Orange Cash customers earn points as they spend, which are redeemable against a great range of rewards including Pay As You Go Orange texts, minutes or credit
- MasterCard PayPass™ Contactless card technology enables customers to quickly make purchases of £20 or under wherever the contactless symbol is displayed
Reviewed by Prepaid365 on .
The Contactless Prepaid Card that brings Rewards!
MasterCard PayPass™ Contactless card technology enables customers to quickly make purchases of £20 or under.
The Orange prepaid card comes with 100% guaranteed acceptance and anyone can get a card, as long as Orange can verify your ID. You can apply for the Orange Cash Prepaid card online using a simple application process.
- Apply online – Simply visit the Orange Cash Pre Paid Card site and click on the “Get it Now” button. You will then be asked to complete a quick and easy online form, make a small payment towards the card and once accepted successfully, your card will be sent out to you in the post.
Note: Your Orange Prepaid Mastercard should normally arrive in 7-10 working days. The Orange prepaid card team will provide your PIN when you call them 020 8264 8311 to activate your card. The Orange Cash App is free to download for Android users from the Google Play store (data charges may apply).
- Contactless Prepaid Card makes it quick and easy to tap and pay for small purchases.
- Get Orange rewards as you spend on your Orange Prepaid Card.
- Orange Cash App is passcode protected for easy yet secure access.
Currently there is only one elegant black design for the Orange Prepaid Mastercard card.
The Orange Cash card is a Pay as you go prepaid card with no monthly fees and some excellent free options for loading the card via your debit card and at Orange shops across the UK.
- Card Issue Fee – £5.00
- Monthly Fee – FREE
- Transaction Fee UK – FREE
- ATM Withdrawal Fee UK – 2.75%.
- Reload Fee – Debit card loads are FREE, £1.50 via Post Office.
You can manage your Orange Prepaid Card using the Orange Cash online account management facilities free of charge, which includes the ability to transfer money between different Orange Cash Prepaid cards and loading credit to your own or another’s Orange PAYG phone. If you have an Android smart phone (on any mobile network), you can download the Orange Cash App. You can use the Orange Cash Card online account or Orange Cash App to undertake the following:
- Check your balance and set notifications
- See transactions and statements online
- Load funds on to your orange Prepaid Mastercard
- Redeem points for rewards, and
You can also manage main functions such as checking your balance, your last three transactions, topping up your mobile and loading funds onto another Orange Cash card using SMS text messages from an Orange mobile. Find out more on the Orange Cash website.
That said, it is a prepaid Mastercard which means that your Orange Cash card can be used around the world at over 32 million global locations for purchases as well as making withdrawals at over 2 million ATM, wherever you see the Mastercard® Acceptance Mark. What’s more, being a prepaid card means the Orange Cash card represents a far more secure alternative to cash or debit card.
So you can definitely use your Orange cash prepay card anywhere in the world but it is best suited for everyday use in the UK. However, if your primary intention is to use this card abroad, then it may be worth considering dedicated prepaid travel cards.
Numerous reload options exist with the Orange prepaid card.
- Using Debit Card Online/Orange Cash App – FREE
- Using Credit Card Online/Orange Cash App – 4% of load value
- Using Cash at EE Shops – FREE
- Using Cash at Post Office – £1.50 per load
- Using Cash at PayPoint – £1.50 per load
- Bank/Wage Transfer online – FREE
Note: The minimum load amount is £10.00 for EE shops, Post Office and PayPoint loads but online account loads have a minimum £20.00 load value. You can find additional details at the Orange Cash website.
The Orange Cash prepaid Mastercard customer services team can be reached using various options as detailed below.
- Telephone: +44 (0) 208 264 8311 or Dial 311 on an Orange Mobiles (standard network charges apply)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lost and Stolen: +44 (0) 208 264 8311 or Dial 311 for Orange customers (24/7 – standard network charges apply)
- By Post: Orange Cash Customer Services, PO Box 3371, Swindon, SN5 7WJ.
- Online Form: Use the online contact form on the Orange website.
If you are unhappy with any element of your Orange Prepaid Mastercard or the service related to it, you can send complaints in writing to PO BOX 3371, Swindon SN5 7WJ, by e-mail to Customer.Services@Orangecash.co.uk or by calling 0208 264 8311 (standard network charges apply). All complaints are subject to the Orange Complaints Procedure and the Orange Cash customer services team will make every effort to resolve your complaint as soon as possible.
If you are still not satisfied after following these procedures, you can ask the Ombudsman to review the complaint. Alternatively you can write to Financial Ombudsman Service, South Quay Plaza, 183 Marsh Wall, London, E14 9SR or telephone 0845 080 1800. Calls may be recorded. Note that the FSCS scheme does not apply to prepaid cards.
The Orange card has won the following accolades with more to follow
- Best Newcomer Prepaid Card – Winner: Prepaid365 Awards 2011
- Best Overall Prepaid Card – Runner Up: Prepaid365 Awards 2011
Overall Card Ratings
The contactless prepaid card that brings rewards!Get the Orange Cash prepaid card with rewards now
Kalixa PrepaidFind out more
Pockit PrepaidFind out more
NET+ PrepaidFind out more
What Orange Cash Cardholders say...
Great features, looks and feels great to use compared to most banking apps
Easy to use. Easy to transfer funds from my bank to the card. Notifications are good. All round good app. Thanks.
Really quick to use - I can load my card in the queue for train tickets!! It makes keeping track of my spending dead simple.
Downloaded the app, added a card and loaded money all in one breath... no hassle. Even logged in online to make sure everything was ok... and it was! As a frequent Orange Cash user this app is PERFECT.
Being an Orange card heavy user this app is a god send! Very simple and easy to use...immediate money upload too. Just what this excellent card needed to compliment it.